Peter G. Collins has been recognized by his peers as one of the top medical malpractice defense attorneys in Kansas and Missouri, named a Super Lawyer since 2009. In 2012 Peter was one of just nineteen medical malpractice attorneys in the Kansas City metropolitan area to receive the Super Lawyer designation. Peter has successfully defended medical malpractice, product liability, construction, and other complex commercial litigation cases for twenty-years. Peter has played a key role in every phase of complex civil litigation matters from discovery through trial or arbitration hearing and appeal. He has served as first chair trial lawyer in numerous civil trials tried to successful verdict in several venues in both federal and state court in Kansas and Missouri — often in high stakes cases in which plaintiff asked the jury to award damages of several million dollars.
Peter was born in Kansas City, Missouri in 1966. He graduated from Rockhurst High School 1984. Peter obtained his B.A. degree with honors from the University of Kansas in 1988. He obtained his law degree with honors from the Drake University School of Law in 1992.
Peter speaks regularly at CLE seminars on civil discovery, the use of expert witnesses in complex litigation, and trial strategy and practice.
- Drake University School of Law, J.D., 1992
- University of Kansas, B.A., history and economics emphasis, 1988
- Kansas Federal District Court
- Missouri Federal District Court
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
- United States District Court, District of Western Missouri
The Law of Expert Witnesses in Kansas State and Federal Court.
- Kansas Bar Association. - 2011
- KBA Litigation CLE. - April 2011
Kansas Association of Defense Council
Defense Research Institute
Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyer, 2009-Present, Personal Injury Defense-Medical Malpractice
University of Kansas Cancer Center, All In for a Cure, 2011 Co-Chair
American Bar Association
Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
Johnson County Bar Association
- Rojas v. Barker,40 Kan. App.2d 758, 195 P.3d 785 (2008)
- Esquivel v. Watters, No. 94,691, 2007 WL 1041762, reversed as to other defendant 286 Kan. 292, 183 P.3d 847 (2008).
- Finley v. Estate of DeGrazio, 285 Kan. 202, 170 P.3d 407 (2007)
- Knorp v. Albert, 29 Kan. App. 2d 509, 28 P.3d 1024 (2001)