In the digital age, businesses are regularly storing and transmitting volumes of data, including personal, health, biometric, and financial information. Data privacy and protection is continuously-changing, and with such change, comes many requirements for business owners that are difficult to navigate. Our legal and technical knowledge, experience, and ability to analyze ever-changing privacy laws help clients handle personal employee and customer data, manage cybersecurity risks, and comply with applicable privacy regulations.
We assist our clients in identifying areas of their business that collect personal data and financial information and provide advice on designing and implementing administrative, physical, and technical safeguards for the protection of such personal data and financial information. We draft tailored data privacy and information security policies, procedures and guidelines; and notice and consent forms. We also review service contracts and assist clients in selecting vendors who have appropriate safeguards in place to protect the personal and confidential data that our clients entrust to them. For those clients that conduct business via their website, we are able to offer WCAG accessibility audits and provide suggestions for meeting ADA compliance guidelines.
Our attorneys experienced in privacy law provide a wide array of offerings, including:
- Data privacy and cybersecurity risk assessments
- Data privacy and information security policies, procedures, guidelines, checklists and workflows
- Notice and consent forms
- U.S. and international security incident and data breach response procedures
- Guidelines concerning whistleblowing hotlines and employee monitoring
- Vendor selection and contracts, including vendor checklists, cloud computing checklist and vendor negotiations