Hinkle to Host Employee Benefits Institute of Kansas City/ University of Missouri Kansas City School of Law Workshop
Hinkle Law Firm is proud to announce that it is hosting, in partnership with AGH Employer Solutions and UMKC School of Law, a presentation by John W. Mayers, Associate Regional Director of the Kansas City Regional Office, U.S. Department of Labor Employee Benefits Security Administration. He will provide an important update on the work of the Department of Labor – Employee Benefits Security Administration.
The presentation will be on September 1, 2015 at Hinkle Law Firm’s Downtown Wichita office. The topics addressed by Mr. Mayers will include the following:
- Brief description of the Employee Benefits Security Administration’s mission
- The investigation process
- including information about the basic fiduciary responsibilities
- The reporting and disclosure requirements of The Employee Retirement Income Security Act, ERISA.
- Current EBSA enforcement initiatives
- Voluntary fiduciary correction programs
- Target date funds
Continuing education credit will be made available for attendees. Registration for the workshop runs through August 31, 2015. For more information or to registered, follow the links below.