Hinkle Elkouri Attorneys Successfully Defend Wrongful Death Claim
Jun 4, 2009 - News by Hinkle Law Firm
|Thursday, June 4, 2009|
|In a case tried by Ken Lang with the assistance of Amy Decker and Scott Schillings, attorneys with Hinkle Elkouri Law Firm, LLC based in Wichita, Kan., a jury in Santa Fe, N.M. found that a propane heater manufactured by the Coleman Company was not at fault in the 2005 deaths of a father and son. The two were found dead in a storage shed where they had been sleeping. The shed was provided by Turner Films during the production of a TV miniseries.
Attorneys for the plaintiff asserted that the propane heater they had been using was “defectively designed and manufactured by Coleman and produced deadly amounts of carbon monoxide.” The defense contended that the portable heater was neither defective in its design or warnings nor the source of carbon monoxide for the deaths.
Hinkle Elkouri attorneys partnered with Eric Sommer of Sommer, Udall, Hardwick & Hyatt, PA for local trial counsel.