FMLA Forms Extended to 3/31/15
Posted February 25, 2015 by Jim Spencer
When the DOL issues new FMLA forms, the forms have to be approved by the Office of Management and Budget (OMB) before they are official. The current FMLA forms are set to expire on February 28, 2015. The DOL has made what it calls “minor clarifications” to the forms (including the addition of language regarding the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act). However, the updated forms have not yet been approved by the OMB. As a result, the expiration date on the current forms has been extended until March 31, 2015.
For the time being, employers can use the FMLA forms with either the 2/28/15 expiration date or the 3/31/15 expiration date. The forms with the 3/31/15 expiration date can be downloaded by clicking on the following links:
- WH-380-E Certification of Health Care Provider for Employee’s Serious Health Condition
- WH-380-F Certification of Health Care Provider for Family Member’s Serious Health Condition
- WH-381 Notice of Eligibility and Rights & Responsibilities
- WH-382 Designation Notice
- WH-384 Certification of Qualifying Exigency For Military Family Leave
- WH-385 Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of Covered Servicemember — for Military Family Leave
- WH-385-V Certification for Serious Injury or Illness of a Veteran for Military Caregiver Leave
The DOL has invited anyone who has comments about the FMLA forms to submit comments by March 27, 2015, by mail or courier to the Office of Information and Regulatory Affairs, Attn: OMB Desk Officer for DOL–WHD, Office of Management and Budget, Room 10235, 725 17th Street NW., Washington, DC 20503; by Fax: 202–395–5806 (this is not a toll-free number); or by email: OIRA_submission@omb.eop.gov.