The attorneys in Hinkle Law Firm’s construction law practice skillfully represent clients in addressing the wide array of legal challenges facing owners and construction professionals. We routinely assist owners and construction professionals in both commercial and residential construction projects. Hinkle’s construction attorneys have experience working on complex projects, representing public and private owners, developers, builders, general contractors, subcontractors, suppliers, architects, engineers, and sureties. Our experience enables us to handle the complete spectrum of issues arising before, during and after project completion.
Our range of services includes:
- Contract Formation and Performance – Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys assist clients in reviewing, developing, and negotiating contract documents. Our goal is to insure the client clearly and appropriately allocates the risks and responsibilities during the project to better avoid situations that might result in claims or delays. Knowledge and understanding of your contract and its terms at the beginning of the project will assist in avoiding surprises and handling issues that arise during the project when they inevitably arise.
- Construction Claims and Litigation – Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys assist clients in all variety of construction related claims, including changed or unforeseen conditions, delays, disruptions, loss of productivity, acceleration claims, liquidated damages claims, payment disputes, insurance coverage, mold and environmental issues, claims for defect in construction, latent defect and professional negligence claims. Hinkle attorneys work with their client to properly evaluate the risks of the claim and the possibility of achieving an early and economical resolution, where possible, including the use of alternative dispute resolution procedures. When early resolution is not possible, Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys have considerable experience litigating complex construction claims in trial and appellate courts at state and federal levels, as well as arbitrating claims before arbitrators or arbitration panels.
- Government Contracts and Bid Projects – Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys provide a full range of services in connection with government and municipality construction projects at the local, state and federal level.
- Design Professionals – Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys represent architects, engineers and other design professionals with contract issues and claims that arise during and after construction projects. Our attorneys are available to assist during the pre-design, design, construction and post-construction phases.
- Insurance Coverage – Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys represent insurance carriers and construction professionals in evaluating necessary coverage during a construction project and when issues of coverage arise. Our attorneys are experienced in interpreting, and where necessary, litigating coverage issues for their clients.
- Labor and Employment – Hinkle Law Firm attorneys assist construction professionals with their labor and employment issues, including preparation of employment handbooks, employment and safety policy preparation and reviews, EEOC and wage-and-hour matters, and compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Family Medical Leave Act.
- Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA) Compliance Issues – Hinkle Law Firm attorneys help clients in evaluating and addressing health and safety regulations, along with responses to OSHA inspections and citations.
- Property Damage Claims – Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys represent owners and contractors related to claims arising out of property damage to ongoing or completed construction projects.
- Personal Injury Claims – Hinkle Law Firm construction attorneys assist construction professionals in evaluating loss prevention, investigating occurrences and handling personal injury claims from the time of the occurrence through the conclusion of the claim.
Critical documents for every construction project