Navigating the Nexus: Workers’ Compensation, ADA, and FMLA
Navigating the Nexus
April 25, 2024
9:00 am - 10:30 am
Handling workers’ compensation issues in the workplace can be difficult. But when you add an employers’ obligations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA), and employee benefit laws like COBRA, navigating workers’ compensation issues can become downright confusing. If you’re left scratching your head when determining how these laws intersect and their impact on both employers and employees, then this 1.5-hour seminar is for you. Topics we will cover at the seminar include:
• Employers’ obligations to employees receiving workers’ compensation benefits
• How the ADA and FMLA intersect with workers’ compensation
• How employees’ medical benefits coverage is affected when the employee is receiving workers’ compensation benefits
• Most common mistakes employers make when dealing with employees receiving workers’ compensation benefits
• Best practices and recommendations for handling workers’ compensation issues
This course will include a packet of materials, including a hard copy of the presentation. We have applied for SHRM, HRCI & CE accreditation.
When and Where is the Seminar?
Date: Thursday, April 25
Time: 9:00 am – 10:30 am
Location: Hinkle Law Firm (Wichita Office) and virtual via Zoom
We are excited to welcome you with both an in-person and virtual option. We are mindful that situations may change prior to the event and will communicate with you and adjust accordingly, if necessary. Should you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us.
Cancellations will be accepted up to two days prior to the event. You can transfer your registration at any time. If you have questions, please contact Melissa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.