Cafeteria Plans: From A to Z in 2 1/2 Hours
- Cafeteria Plans: From A to Z in 2 1/2 Hours
May 2, 2019
8:30 am - 11:00 am
Cafeteria Plans. Even the smallest employers have them. And we all know that they come with rules that have to be followed. But do you really know what those rules are? We will walk through the rules that Congress and the IRS have given us. What benefits can, or cannot, be offered through a Cafeteria Plan? What are the IRS rules about making and changing employee elections? What does the IRS expect you to have in the way of a plan document? How does “nondiscrimination” affect what you can do in your Cafeteria Plan? It’s an ambitious agenda for a 2½ hour seminar, but we are confident that you will leave with a better understanding of what you are supposed to be doing and why.
Attendees will leave with a better understanding of:
- The tax advantages that Cafeteria Plans offer to both employers and their employees
- The legal rules that must be met in order to receive those tax advantages, including:
- Limits on the types of benefits that can be offered through a Cafeteria Plan
- The requirement for a written plan document
- The requirement that employees must elect in advance what benefits they will receive
- The limits that must be placed on an employee’s ability to change his/her election once it has been made
- The impact and importance of nondiscrimination testing
- The consequences of “getting it wrong”
This event takes place in our Wichita office. The seminar includes materials and light refreshments. SHRM, HRCI & CE credit will be offered.
Cancellations will be accepted up to 48 hours before the start of the seminar. Refunds will not be given after that time, but registrations can be transferred. For questions regarding registration, contact Melissa Smith at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Venue: Hinkle Law Firm LLC