Mr. White represents Hinkle Law Firm LLC clients in numerous aspects of litigation. Brian’s practice focuses on civil litigation, with his primary concentration in the areas of professional liability litigation, including medical malpractice claims, and other personal injury litigation. He has represented hospitals, practice groups, and individual healthcare providers of all disciplines; nursing and assisted living facilities; and pharmacies, as well as numerous other professional and business entities.
Brian has also represented numerous clients before government regulatory agencies in health care and other industries.
Brian also has significant experience in complex, multi-party construction defect litigation and he has assisted insurance carriers and individuals in a range of complex insurance coverage disputes. Brian has also worked with clients to address pre-construction and construction related issues, including drafting contract documents and preparing liens for construction professionals.
Brian was born and raised in northwest Kansas and received his Bachelor’s Degree in Sociology and Justice Studies from Fort Hays State University in 1999. During law school at the University of Kansas, Brian was articles editor for the Kansas Law Review. Upon graduating from law school with honors, he was elected to the Order of the Coif.
- Bar Admissions
- Select Presentations
- Affiliations, Activities & Honors
- Significant Cases
University of Kansas School of Law, J.D., with honors, 2002
- Order of the Coif
- Kansas Law Review, Articles Editor
Fort Hays State University, B.A., Sociology and Justice Studies, 1999, magna cum laude
- Kansas Supreme Court
- United States District Court, District of Kansas
- United States District Court, Western District of Missouri
- Missouri Supreme Court
- 10th Circuit Court of Appeals
Brian has presented on numerous medical/legal topics, including presenting to resident physicians regarding the anatomy of a lawsuit and presenting on a variety of construction related topics to construction professionals.
- Kansas Bar Association
- Wichita Bar Association
- Kansas Association of Defense Counsel
- Defense Research Institute
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers Rising Stars 2008 - Present (General Litigation, Personal Injury Defense: Medical Malpractice, Construction Litigation)
- Kansas Construction Association
- ALFA International – Construction Practice Group Steering Committee
- Young Professionals of Wichita
- Kansas Human Resources Manual. Kansas Chamber of Commerce (2008). Contributing author
- Potential Federal and State Constitutional Barriers to the Success of School Vouchers. 49 Kansas Law Review 889 (May 2001)
- Author for the Kansas Association of Defense Counsel Journal regarding arbitration agreements.
- Kansas Medical Malpractice Law. ALFA submitting Author
- Kansas Construction Law Compendium. ALFA submitting Author
- Russell v May et al., 356 P.3d 1077, 2015 WL 5750546 (Kan. App., Oct 2, 2015)
- Greig v. Botros, 2013 WL 2169098, 525 Fed. Appx. 781 (2013)
- Mills v. Mangosing, 44 Kan. App. 2d 399, 238 P.3d 293 (2010)
- Stephenson v. Wal-Mart Supercenter, 2007 WL 1461332, 157 P.3d 1129 (2007)
- Corl v. Kansas Heart Hospital, 2007 WL 2410113, 165 P.3d 320 (2007)